20 June 2010

Happy Father's Day


4 years: My Dad can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.
15 years: My father does not know quite everything.
18 years: Father is so old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man - he thinks he knows but he doesn't.
25 years: He knows a bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I might find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad.

Not everyone has had a good and loving father. It is easier for a man to have children than for children to have a real father. And even if you had a good one, a great shock awaits when you realize that one day, no matter how badly you wish to speak with him, you can't; it is not possible.

And yet you do, and you can.

"Because you are his children, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts. He is the Holy Spirit. By his power we call God, "Abba." (Αββα) And Abba means 'Father.'"

"Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."