21 December 2017

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - A Muse of Fire


"O, for a muse of fire, that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention,
A kingdom for a stage, princes to act
And monarchs to behold the swelling scene!"

William Shakespeare, Prologue, Henry V

Stocks managed to hold on to their gains today.

Gold finished higher with silver off just a bit.

Tomorrow's trade is going to be quiet, since most of the adults have already left for their holidays

The rest of the adults will be gone by noon tomorrow, and so I would not expect much unless *something happens.*

Which it rarely does.

I spent some constructive time today getting rid of a few late fallen leaves, and then winterizing the lawnmower for its storage until Spring.

And like a few other kindred souls, I was browsing the gift cards selection at the local grocery store for a few last minute presents.   Dolly waited patiently in the car, wrapped in her blanket.

Speaking of last minute items, the Congress is still busy attempting to avoid a government shutdown by kicking the matter down the road until early next year 

I am reading an excellent book titled, The Light Shines on in the Darkness.

I find it odd, but I have never watched the HBO miniseries, Band of Brothers. Doubly odd because the title is taken from one of my favorite scenes from Shakespeare in Henry V. When I am a bit down, I sometimes read the St. Crispin's day speech, or listen to this excellent performance of it.

Remember each other in your prayers. It is the highest expression of our humanity, in addition to selfless acts of charity.

Have a pleasant evening.