22 September 2022

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Hard Time Killin' Floor Blues - Tottering To the End of the 3rd Quarter

 

“Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves.  But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, something is out of tune."

Carl Jung

"I was being called to surrender the very citadel of my self.  I was completely in the dark.  I did not really know what repentance was or what I was required to repent of.  It was indeed the turning point of my life.  God had brought me to my knees and made me acknowledge my own nothingness, and out of that knowledge I had been reborn.  I was no longer the centre of my life and therefore I could see God in everything."

Bede Griffiths

"Call me dark, but what I see here is a toxic relationship between deregulation, underpriced risk, and exorbitant, inefficient pay scales that contribute to the growth of inequality, not to mention the shampoo economy (bubble, bust, repeat)."

Jared Bernstein, A Striking Picture of Pay and Deregulation in Finance

"Do you not know that to whom you give yourselves as servants, his servants you become, whether of a corruption unto death, or of a righteousness unto life?"

Rom 6:16

“Each day we are becoming a creature of splendid glory, or one of unthinkable horror.”

C. S. Lewis

 

We have experienced another enormous asset bubble, fueled by the Banks and their functionaries, for the purpose of further enriching the already fabulously wealthy.

Now it seems the time to tighten the belts of the hapless public, and for the people to surrender their paltry gains and livelihoods and futures to the Molochs of the financial system. 

Stocks floundered once again, searching for a foothold and a bottom.

Gold and silver moved sideways in what looks like a short term trading range.

Bullion continues to flow quietly from West to East.

The Dollar, la douleur du monde, is holding on to 111 handle.

There will be a precious metals option expiration next week.

What are we to do in the face of such relentless power.  What else is like it? Who can stand against the darkness of this world?

One way or another, through force and fraud, all must bend the knee it seems, and accept their mark.

Lord, pierce our hardened hearts, enlighten our minds, heal our blindness, and break the self-made chains of our pride and self-deception, so that we may choose life through repentance, forgiveness, and life. 

"And we have come to know and to trust the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God in them."   1 John 4:16-17 

Have a pleasant evening.