09 September 2022

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Le Roi S'amuse

 

"We are two of a kind: my weapon is my tongue,
his is a dagger;
I am a man of laughter,
he strikes the fatal blow!
The old man cursed me.
O mankind!  O nature! It was you who made me evil and corrupt!
I rage at my monstrous form, my cap and bells!
To be permitted nothing but to laugh!
I’m denied that common human right, to weep."

Guiseppe Verdi, Rigoletto


"Und der Haifisch, der hat Zähne
und die trägt er im Gesicht
und Macheath, der hat ein Messer
doch das Messer sieht man nicht.

Mackie, welches war dein Preis?

Berthold Brecht, Die Moritat von Mackie Messer, 1928

It was risk on today as stocks rallied and went out close to the highs.

The Fed's actions for September are probably already baked in, unless the CPI next week shows something extraordinary.

Or something happens.

Gold and silver rallied a bit.  

VIX declined.

The Dollar dropped to just hold on to the 109 handle with its fingertips.

The question most have is if this is another bear market rally, or the beginning of a more determined attempt to set a higher high, to take the Crashtrak model off the table.

Let's see what happens next week.

Have a pleasant weekend.