29 September 2022

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Wanton Hearts - Reaping the Whirlwind

 

"Be not deceived, for God is not mocked.  Whatever a man sows, so shall he reap."

Galatians 6:7

“Then the rich man said, ‘I beg you, Father Abraham, send Lazarus to my father’s house. For I have five brothers for him to warn, so that they also will not come to this place of desolation and torment.’ But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets.  Let them listen to them.’

But the rich man again said, ‘No, Father Abraham, but if someone from the dead comes back and speaks to them, they will repent.’ And Abraham said, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they listen if someone tells them who has risen from the dead.’”

Luke 16:27-31

"And they treat the wounds of my people falsely saying peace, peace, where there is no peace."

Jeremiah 8:11

“'You that are cursed, depart from me into the eternal darkness prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'

Then they will answer, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?' Then he answered, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’”

Matthew 25:40-46

"A true opium of the people is the belief in nothingness after death, the huge solace, the huge comfort of thinking that for our betrayals, our greed, our cowardice, our murders, we are not going to be judged.”

Czeslaw Milosz

Apparently the Bank of England's grand gesture to stabilize the gilt markets did not have sufficient carry over to help out equities.

Stocks slumped, fairly hard.

The Dollar dropped, just barely hanging on to the 112 handle.

Gold finished flat.

Silver lost ground in sympathy with stocks.

VIX rose.

Stocks are hanging on to a must hold support level.

Bank of America issued a rare downgrade of tech darling Apple.

More and more tech companies are instituting capex cuts and hiring freezes.

The sabotage of a key Russian natural gas pipeline to Europe is a shocking escalation in the proxy war in the Ukraine.

The madness serves none but itself.

Have a pleasant evening.