22 July 2011

Gold Daily and Silver Weekly Charts - Options Expiry on the Comex - Porcus Interruptus



As the old WW I ballad said, "I don't know where we're going, but we're on our way."
"Goodbye everybody I'm off to fight the foe
Uncle Sammy is calling me so I must go
Gee I'm feeling fine don't you wish that you were me?
For I'm sailing tomorrow over the deep blue sea.

And I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way
For I belong to the regulars I'm proud to say
And I'll do my duty night or day
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way."

Boehner Pulls Out of Debt Talks - Economist's View

Although a complete failure is not likely, the drama queens, carnies, and thespians in Washington may take the budget deficit talks down to the wire to deeply impress the yokels and the locals of the seriousness of the situation, and be duly grateful that it is in the hands of major players.

Have you noticed a tendency amongst the pigmen to threaten dire consequences and annihilation whenever they are running a bluff and wish to get their way? These financial fellows and their minions have issued more threats and ultimatums in the last few years than al Qaeda.

While they are dancing on the edge of a precipice, it is possible that they could slip and fall. However, since no one in their right mind really wishes to see a default, except perhaps for a few delusional political opportunists and talk show Bonapartes, perhaps cooler heads will prevail.  There are however, the ever present carrion feeders and sociopaths from Wall Street, who would benefit from any economic crisis, and would do so gladly no matter the pain endured by others.

Beside political campaign reform, it appears as though Washington is badly in need of adult supervision.

Have a pleasant weekend.