23 November 2011

Pigs 'R' Us - The Wall Street Groupon IPO



And it is...

When I play cards with the little girls, they make up new rules on the fly and sometimes cheat outrageously, palming cards and sneaking money from my pile of coins, so that we all laugh about it. They know that I know, and that I am being tolerant. They enjoy sneaking up on me, and jumping out of cupboards and behind doors. And I always act surprised, but never am.

After all, it is a duty and the joy of a father to occasionally indulge his children, and especially the little ones, to show them the tender side of his love.

But what is amusing in 10 year olds is not becoming in grown men acting like spoiled little boys, abusing other people's money, betraying trusts,  and taking personal and selfish gains from the livelihood of the public and the nation's future, stealing from their clients.

And Wall Street is even worse than the Congress.

While I never had the heart or even the need for it with any of the children, a stern look being enough, perhaps a spanking is in order for such miscreants as these. Where's the wooden spoon? I am counting to three. lol.


From Le Cafe on 3 November:

"The wolf thought to himself: 'What a tender young creature! what a nice plump mouthful.-- she will be better to eat than the old woman. I must act craftily, so as to catch both."

The Brothers Grimm, Little Red Cap

The Wall Street wiseguys are shoving the Groupon IPO out the door tonight I hear.

It *could* do well, but it strikes a kind of a chord for a high water mark in the post 2008 equity echo bubble.

From Le Cafe on 4 November:
GroupOn = LinkedIn?

La la la, whatever. La la la, doesn't matter. As cynical an IPO as seen since 1999 they said today.