07 August 2013

NAV Premiums of Certain Precious Metal Trusts and Funds - Drawdown in Sprott Gold Trust


I do not know when it happened as I just noticed it today, but the Sprott Physical Gold Trust reduced its bullion level and the shares outstanding in what was apparently a redemption of units for gold.

The bullion level was reduced by 8,292 ounces, and the units outstanding by exactly 1,000,000. The cash on hand dropped by $434,969 which may be unrelated since it is used to pay storage and management fees.

The two spreadsheets are dated today and August 2. I sometimes neglect to update inventory so it could have happened earlier than that.

As you know the Sprott Trusts do have a facility for the redemption of units for bullion, so I do not view this with any concern, merely curiosity. Obviously someone wanted physical gold bullion for some purpose.

I include both the current and my last spreadsheet pages below.