07 March 2014

Gold Daily and Silver Weekly Charts - This Must Have Been a Non-Farm Payrolls Friday


"Behind the concrete, the visible events, behind all the objective, logical considerations, we find that which goes beyond the merely rational: the struggle against evil, against the servants of the antichrist.

Everywhere and always demonic powers lurk in the dark, waiting for the moment when man is weak; when of his own volition he leaves his place in Creation, as founded for him by God in freedom; and when he yields to the forces of evil, he separates himself from the powers of a higher order; after voluntarily taking the first step, he is driven on and on to the next and to the next, at a furiously accelerating rate."

Die Weiße Rose, Fourth Leaflet, Munich, 1942

Gold and silver were both hit rather hard this morning on the release of the better than expected Non-Farm Payrolls report. What a surprise!

What was perhaps most interesting is that the rally in stocks did not stick, with equities falling off after a quick 'three step' move in the futures, and with the SP 500 and Dow coming back to unchanged in the afternoon. The NDX never did recover and put a second day in the red.

And while gold fell down to the support of its tightening symmetrical triangle, it would not stay down, even in the non-active month of March which is seasonally poor for the precious metal.

I kind of enjoyed how the markets behaved so well, or at least as I had expected they would do. It gives me a little hope that this is not all randomness perhaps.

Note:  I had linked to a story earlier this evening about a large gold purchase by Northwestern Life that turns out to be dated, even though the link shows today's date. Someone sent it to me after the close and it took a little while for me to see the error.  It has been removed.

Let's see how events go over the weekend,  to find if the tensions increase or subside. I have been looking for articles that seem to illuminate the situation a bit, and will continue to post what I find useful for my own inquiries.   The fog of conflict descended very quickly.

I remember you, as I hope that you will sometimes remember me.

Have a pleasant weekend.