06 December 2022

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - The Empire of Lawlessness

 

"And he said, ‘This is what I will do: I shall tear down my barns and build larger ones.  There I shall store all my abundance and other treasures and say to myself, 'Now as for you, you have so many good things stored up for many years, relax, eat, drink, be merry!'

But God said to him, ‘You fool, this night your life will be demanded of you; and the many things you have acquired, whose then will they be?’ Thus will it be for the one who stores up treasures for himself, but does not have those things that matter most to God.”

Luke 12:18-21

"But we are like children, thinking our toys will make us happy and the whole world is our nursery.  Something must drive us out of that nursery and into the lives of others, and that something is suffering.

When I lay these questions before God I get no answer.  But a rather special sort of 'No answer.'  It is not the locked door.  It is more like a silent, certainly not uncompassionate, gaze.  As though He shook His head not in refusal but waiving the question.  Like, 'Peace, child; you don't understand."

C. S. Lewis

"The root of all sin is pride, superbia.  I want to be my own law, I have a right to my self, my hatred and my desires, my life and my death.  The mind and flesh of man are set on fire by pride; for it is precisely in his wickedness that man wants to be as God.  In confession comes the breakthrough to the cross."

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"'Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become as an innocent, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.  Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me.

Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.  Woe to the world because of things that cause sin. Such things must come, but woe to the one through whom they come."

Matthew 18:1-12

Stocks slumped hard again today, falling back down to touch support at a lower level, with a little bounce into the close.

Gold and silver pretty much chopped sideways.

The VIX continued to climb off its recent low.

Is the 'rinse' over yet?

Hard to say.  The next major stock index option expiration is not until next Friday.

But I took off my index shorts before the close today.   No need to be greedy.

Let's see what fresh antics tomorrow brings.

Have a pleasant evening.