07 June 2023

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Impunity - The Old Wash and Rinse

 

"At bottom, what should you do to avoid being an idiot or a swine?  Merely this: you should do something great, you should become resigned to the fact that you will seem ridiculous to a race of janitors and bureaucrats if you are to enter the service of Splendor.  Then you will know what it means to be the friend of God.  The Friend of God!"

Léon Bloy

"What we need are not truths that serve us, but a truth that we may serve."

Jacques Maritain

"What we would like to do is change the world— make it a little simpler for people to feed, clothe and shelter themselves as God intended them to do.  And to a certain extent, by fighting for better conditions, by crying out unceasingly for the rights of the workers, of the poor, of the destitute— the rights of the worthy and the unworthy poor in other words, we can to a certain extent change the world; we can work for the oasis, the little cell of joy and peace in a harried world.  We can throw our pebble in the pond and be confident that its ever widening circle will reach around the world.

This is the month of the Sacred Heart, the symbol of Christ’s love for man.  We are supposed to love as Christ loved, to the extent of laying down our lives for our brothers.  That was the New commandment. To love to the extent of laying down our lives, dying to ourselves.  To accept the least place, to sit back, to ask nothing for ourselves, to serve each other, to lay down our lives for our brothers, this is the strange upside-down teaching of the Gospel."

Dorothy Day

“Then the Lord will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat;  I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink;  I was a stranger and you welcomed me;  I was naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you took care of me; I was held captive and you comforted me.’

Matthew 25:34-36


The smokey haze over the NYC metropolitan area wasn't the only smoke that was being blown around today.

The Dollar chopped to end unchanged.

The VIX fell.

Stocks got hit with tech leading the way lower.

And gold and silver got smashed.

Rinse follows wash.

Have a pleasant evening.