13 August 2026

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Hide Us From the Wrath of the Lamb

 

"He puts an end to wars all over the earth;
      he breaks the bow and snaps the spear,
      and he burns the shields with flames.
'Be still and know that I am God,
      exalted among the nations,
      exalted on the earth.'"

Psalm 46:10-11

"Son of man, you are living among a lawless people.  They have eyes to see, but they do not see, and they have ears to hear, but they do not hear, for they are rebellious by their very nature.

Therefore, son of man, while they see you, pack up your belongings and set off from your home into exile during the day.  Perhaps this will cause them to understand that they are a wayward people.  Bring out your belongings during the day as they are watching, and in the evening, again as they watch, go forth like one who has been driven into exile.

Then, as they continue to see you, dig a hole in the wall and make your way through it.  In their presence, lift your pack onto your shoulder and set out into the darkness.  Cover your face so that you may not see the land, for I have established you as a sign for the house of Israel.

I did what I had been commanded.  In the daytime I brought out my belongings that had been packed for exile, and in the evening I dug through the wall with my own hands.  While they looked on, I set out in the darkness, shouldering my burden.

On the following morning, this word of the Lord was addressed to me: Son of man, did the house of Israel, that rebellious people, not even ask you what you were doing?  Say to them: Thus says the Lord God: This prophecy concerns the prince in Jerusalem and the entire house of Israel living within its territory.  Tell them: I am a sign for you.  As I have done, so will it be done to them.  As captives they will go into exile." 

Ezekiel 12:1-11

"God has a way of standing before the nations with justice and it seems I can hear God saying to America 'you are too arrogant.  And if you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power, and I will place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name.  Be still, and know that I'm God.'"

Martin Luther King, Why I Am Opposed to the War, Ebenezer Baptist Church, April 30, 1967

In a manner similar to the way in which they jumped into this latest war with Iran without bothering to concoct a pack of lies and sell it to us with the help of a complicit deep state and mainstream media, so they didn't bother to make up a fictitious peace deal to justify today's heavy handed shenanigans.

Stocks rallied with the SP 500 to another all time high.  

A proper tower of Babel it is.

Gold and silver and oil were smacked lower, oil ridiculously so.

I kept looking to see if something happened, or was rumored to be happening.

VIX is not at a low for the year.

I don't think Donny is going to pull the trigger on another attack on Iran.  It would be nuts and pointless, even if Bibi and the Washington war hawks are squawking for it.

But, you never know what frame of mind he'll be on when someone floats the idea.

When our dog Daisy was succumbing to heart disease, she had a long gradual decline such that we really did not grasp the full extent of it.   But when we were looking at videos of her even only two years ago the extent of the debilitation was easy to spot.

I was thinking the same thing today when remembering what it was like in Trump's first term.

One way or another, either impeachment or 25th amendment or something unanticipated, I do not think he is going to finish his full term of office.   I pray for him of course as I am commanded to do, but I can't blind myself to at least thinking about the implications.

When all is said and done I hope we do not overlook all his enablers, those who will claim they were 'just following orders' while clutching their presidential pardons, and staring down some serious state charges.

Needless to say, the only monument that will remain from all this is the monumental distortion in the markets and global stability and trade.   

Everything I look at and know suggest it is going to fairly memorable. 

"While everyone enjoys an economic party the long-term costs of a bubble to the economy and society are potentially great. They include a reduction in the long-term saving rate, a seemingly random distribution of wealth, and the diversion of financial human capital into the acquisition of wealth.  As in the United States in the late 1920s and Japan in the late 1980s, the case for a central bank ultimately to burst that bubble becomes overwhelming.  I think it is far better that we do so while the bubble still resembles surface froth and before the bubble carries the economy to stratospheric heights. Whenever we do it, it is going to be painful, however.”

Larry Lindsey, FOMC Minutes, Fed Governor, September 24, 1996

Today, as compared to the first two bubbles, the government ability to toss billions of dollars in bailouts to corporations and the banks is more limited by the dollar and sovereign debt, despite what some monetary jumbo jugglers might be saying about hypothetical constructs and confabulations.

I have seen that first hand as I operated a business across 120 countries, and read even more about how money dies during the decline of empires and years of profligate abuse and corruption.  It is not pretty. 

"Certainly there were many others as reprehensible and irresponsible as those who played the leading roles.  The German people were the victims. The battle, as one who survived it explained, left them dazed and inflation-shocked. They did not understand how it had happened to them, and who the foe was who had defeated them.  The real collapse of our currency began when it became evident that certain industrial circles were more powerful than the government."

Adam Fergusson, When Money Dies: The Nightmare of the Weimar Collapse, 1975

Do not be deceived, for God is not mocked.  For as a man sows, so shall he reap.

Have a pleasant evening. 

Related: Serious Instances of Inflation Since WW II