24 March 2012

Five Simple Rules to Remember



It is amazing what one can find on the Internet.

I was looking for a quote about suffering and love, to be able to source it, and I found this bit of foolishness from 2001, an old posting from a chatboard, nine days before Sept 11, 2001.

I had recently 'retired' from corporate life, and was just starting to act on some personal plans that were to be changed radically by unexpected events.

Jesse's Rules for Life

Rule 1: Nothing is worth doing before 8 AM with your clothes on.

Rule 2: Never attribute to evil what can be attributed to stupidity.

Rule 3: To learn to love, we must first yearn to be comforted.

Rule 4: In any game, at least one guy has YOU pegged as a sucker.

Rule 5: Don't be a sucker.

I suppose I should add:
Rule 6: "No one knows the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."