15 October 2012

Chris Hedges Speaking At South Dakota State University Oct 2, 2012



This presentation is joined in progress at the discussion of Woodrow Wilson.

Wilson is an interesting character. As I believe that I have said before, Obama reminds me more of Wilson than either Roosevelt or Hoover.

I do not particularly like Woodrow Wilson's tenure as president, for many of the same reasons that I find Barack Obama to be found wanting, compared to the progressive title to which he has pretended but to which he has only rarely delivered. He seems more like a traditional moderate Republican, with a nose for the deal rather than for a set of defining principles. And much the same can be said for Wilson and his own stumbling ineffectiveness, emphasis on ends rather than means, and servility to the financial interests.