12 October 2013

Moyers: Wendell Berry On Peaceful Resistance To the Savaging of Life By Reckess Greed


I finally had the time and opportunity to see this interview, and enjoyed it more than I thought I might.

Wendell Berry is a very interesting person, a 'poet farmer.' And he has a fascinating, holistic view of life.
This week on Moyers & Company in a rare television interview, Bill talks to visionary, author and farmer Wendell Berry to discuss a sensible, but no-compromise plan to save the Earth. We also examine the critical role of honey bees in our food supply and the threats they face in The Dance of the Honey Bee. And after the antics in Washington this week, Bill shares his views on the government shutdown.



"To make a living doesn't mean to make a killing, it means to have enough."

The Peace of Wild Things

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.