09 October 2015

Hear, Smith of the Heavens - Heyr, Himna Smiður


'Always we need you, truly every moment...'



Late at night, after their concert at BürgerBahnhof, Árstíðir gave a spontaneous performance in the train station in Wuppertal, Germany on September, 15th 2013.

Here is a video of Árstíðir singing this in Vilnius, in a quieter setting.



Icelandic Hymn
by Kolbeinn Tumason (1173–1208)

Hear, smith of the heavens,
what the poet asks.
May your mercy come softly unto me.
I call on you, for you have created me.
I am your servant, and you are my true Lord.

God, I call on you to heal me.
Remember me, prince of peace.
Always we need you.
Generous and great, drive out, O king of heavens,
every human sorrow from the dwelling of the heart.

Watch over me, gentle one,
Always we need you, truly every moment,
in this world of men.
Send us, son of the virgin, good causes.
All help comes from you, into my deepest heart.