25 November 2015

Gold Daily and Silver Weekly Charts - Happy Thanksgiving


“Stand up for what you believe, even if you are standing alone.”

Sophie Scholl

I am going to be properly busy the rest of today and tomorrow.

The lady is the monarch of the household, and on Thanksgiving I am impressed by her decree into service.

And so I am appointed the captain of the cooking range and for the preparation of a multi-course meal for a number that seems to vary more than the Fed's economic projections, and just about as unreliably.

But I do have a working estimate, and there is a turkey to be brined, and last minute items to secure.

So I will bid all my American readers a Happy Thanksgiving. 

And no matter how confusing and complicated and uncertain things may seem to become, keep your eye focused on 'the little white spot', as my old teacher used to say to his charges, more than forty years ago, in a shabby old schoolroom in a declining part of the city.   And I have never seen a place more vibrantly alive.

And for the 'rest of the world,' as the financial press puts it, please try to carry on without us.

And for everyone, as always, have a wonderful time with family and friends, and at the very least, a pleasant evening.

"And now, bless the God of all,
who has done wondrous things here on earth;
Who fosters people’s growth from their mother’s womb,
and would fashion them according to his will.
May he grant you joy of heart,
and may peace abide among you."