10 May 2016

Angels Among Us


"And do not forget kindness to strangers, for in this way some who, while they were unaware and unworthy of it, were made fit to receive His angels."

‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, be welcomed into the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me.’

"Are there no prisons?"
"Plenty of prisons..."
"And the Union workhouses." demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?"
"Both very busy, sir..."
"Those who are badly off must go there."
"Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

“It is inevitable that stumbling blocks to faith and goodness will come, but woe to the one through whom they come! It would be more profitable for that man to have a millstone hung around his neck and to be thrown into the sea than to cause one of these simple, innocent people to stumble."