28 November 2017

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Twilight of the Gods


"I was satisfied that I wasn't personally to blame and that I hadn't known about those things. I wasn't aware of the extent of the crimes.

But one day I went past the memorial plaque which had been put up for Sophie Scholl in Franz Josef Strasse, and I saw that she was born the same year as me, and she was executed the same year I started working for Hitler.

And at that moment I actually sensed that it was no excuse to be young, and that it would have been possible to find things out."

Traudl Junge, Hitler's Secretary

Know well whom and what it is that you serve, for that is whom you will love, and eventually become.

I will be leaving a bit early today to take Dolly to the veterinarian for her annual checkup.

The markets were rising steadily on the questioning of the new Fed chairman Jay Powell, and on the stiff action by President Trump to diminish the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which is a thorn in the side of the Banks. Financial stocks were certainly responding positively to this.

But the news later came out that North Korea has fired another missile, as reported by the Japanese Coast Guard, and later confirmed by the US military, and stocks fluttered a bit, but then resumed their rally led higher by the SP 500 futures and the financial stocks.

I grew tired of the exuberant prevaricators on financial television, and flipped over to the National Geographic channel to watch 'Hitler's Final Days' which chronicled the last 11 months of the Third Reich. I thought it was interesting that the Berlin Philharmonic played Wagner's Twilight of the Gods to a packed house, even as the Allies and the Soviets were closing in from both east and west. How fitting.

If anything happens to dramatically change the charts I will publish something later on. Otherwise I will true things up tomorrow.

Have a pleasant evening.