26 November 2018

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Comex Option Expiration Tomorrow - Trump Says 25% Tariffs On China


After the bell Trump said he intends to impose the 25% tariffs on China now. The market was expecting this to happen after the first of the year, if ever.

Let's see if the futures sell off based on this latest assertion. Tweeter Trump says a lot of things that turn out not to be the true when cooler heads prevail.

I am starting to mark the retracement levels on the equity charts. Where this first bounce off bottom ends will tell us quite a bit.

Gold and silver were sideways today, ahead of the important December contract options expiration on precious metals tomorrow.

GM announced today that they would be closing 7-8 plants and cutting 14,000 jobs. MAGA!!

The Russians and Ukrainians are clashing on the sea. Russia seized three ships which they claimed had violated their waters and pursued illegal actions.

My sister-in-law drove home to northern Ohio yesterday, and was fortunate to miss a major snowstorm that is making its way across the Great Lakes today.

Here it is just raw and very rainy. Dolly wants no part of it, and is hiding her head in her blanket.

I did take her for a walk earlier before I went to the store, so I am content to stay parked under a blanket as well, drinking some soothing Tieguanyin tea.  It is also known as 'the Iron Goddess of Mercy.' That sounds like something from Game of Thrones, doesn't it?

Dare I have some home made soup for dinner?   With some hearty bread?  Yes, I think so. 

Cream of mushroom it is then.  With a little spicy kick to keep out the cold.

I basically use a recipe like this here.   But with some differences.

I add in a little more garlic and salt.  I use a good dried thyme instead of sprigs which I generally do not have handy.   I also add just a touch of rosemary.

I tend to use evaporated milk and a little more butter instead of heavy cream.  I saute everything in my big frying pan, and then put it into my Instant Pot slow cooker for an hour and a half at the normal temperature.  I deglaze the frying pan with sherry or rice wine and add that to the pot.

I might be tempted to add a touch of honey at the end and a little more salt if I think it needs it.

I use an immersion blender.  Not quite as smooth, but I like it a little more 'country.'  I am also lazy.

If I don't have a loaf of hearty bread handy I can use some frozen naan bread I buy in the 'family pack' at the local Indian grocery.  I glaze it with a soft butter, and lightly sprinkle it with a finely powdered garlic by McCormick that you can buy at Costco.  I keep it in a powdered sugar shaker.

I add a diced fresh jalapeno into the frying pan with the garlic.  I serve the soup with chopped scallions and a diced jalapeno for garnish.  Maybe some fresh cilantro.  My son likes it hot.  Me not so much.

Have a pleasant evening.