28 March 2019

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Another Option Expiration on the Comex, Indeed


Dolly's stealthy surveillance of Le Propriétaire
"But this I said to them, 'Listen to my voice; then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Walk in the ways that I have given you, so that you may prosper.'   But they did not obey or show respect.   Rather, they walked on in the hardness of their evil hearts, and turned their backs, not their faces, to me...

They have not listened to me or given me due attention; they have stiffened their necks and become worse than their fathers.  When you speak these words to them, they will not listen to you either; when you call to them, they will not answer.   Say to them: 'You are the nation that does not listen to the voice of the Lord, its God, or take His counsel.  Truth has perished by your hand, and is no longer even on your lips.'"

Jeremiah 7:23-28


"God has a way of standing before the nations with judgment, and it seems that I can hear God saying to America,  'You're too arrogant!  And if you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power, and I'll place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name.  Be still and know that I'm God.'"

Martin Luther King,  It's a Dark Day In Our Nation

Today was an option expiration for gold on the Comex. Couldn't you tell?

The explanation was that the Dollar's strength had become too much to ignore, and 'gold had become a crowded trade.'

I suspect that with this kind of smackdown in the futures markets that the gold trade is quite a bit less crowded.

And that really was the point of this— a good, old fashioned wash and rinse keying off the option expiration.

Do I hear the train?   Waiting for my son
Stocks had another ranging day, and while they managed to finish in the green it was not an impressive performance by any means.

The economic numbers are not impressive and more indicative of a looming recession.  I expect the denial of this to be quite strong, and then strident, until it comes upon us.   And then they will look at each other and say, 'who could have known?'

For those of you who have sent their well-wishes, be assured that Dolly is back in the saddle, managing me and her mischief with artful stealth.   I include a snapshot of her monitoring my activity in the kitchen.

As you know, we had received her from a rescue group called Best Friends, who take dogs and cats that for one reason or another are not likely to be adopted from kill shelters and finds them a caring home.

In Dolly's case she had been so horribly neglected and abused that she needed a month of care before she could undergo surgery to repair the damage she had sustained.   It was funny, but the Queen picked her, and with the complicity of my son compelled me to accept this little one.  Little did we know that in about three months the dosctors would discover the queen's brain tumor.

As I have said before, every good thing I have had or have been came from her, she being an answer to my prayers for a good and faithful companion. 

How then can I stop from singing?

Have a pleasant evening.