28 August 2019

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - A Banquet of Consequences


"My cyclical calculations and trend forecasts suggest that July 2020 may be a decisive, if not pivotal, period in our time."

Jesse, Le Cafe Americain, 26 February 2019


"Sooner or later a crash is coming.  And it may be terrific."

Roger Babson, Sept. 15, 1929


“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all manner of uncleanness. So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."

Matthew 23:27


"My heart is restless until it rests in you my God."

Augustine of Hippo

Stocks managed to turn around early weakness, and squeezed out a minor gain.

The Dollar was up, gold was down, and silver was off doing its own breakout thing.

I do not know exactly how it might unfold, but I suspect that 2020 may be a significant time in our recent history.

And I will be surprised if we get out of this year without another major market correction on the order of 10 perent or more.

Trump is slowly imploding.  And he may cause our lawmaking elite to rethink the terms of the imperial Presidency.  I don't think he will be re-elected in 2020 if he runs.   And I believe that there is a real possibility that he may not finish this full term.

But that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

Take comfort in knowing that while life exists, it is never too late to be what you might have been.

Repentance, forgiveness, thankfulness.

Have a pleasant evening.