"Where such a shift in power is in favor of the governing elite, Power will achieve its murderous potential. It simply waits for an excuse, an event of some sort, an assassination, a massacre in a neighboring country, an attempted coup, a famine, or a natural disaster, to justify the beginning of murder en masse. Most state sponsored murder occurs under the cover of war, revolution, or guerrilla war, or in their aftermath."
R. J. Rummel
15 December 2019
Christmas: Do Not Be Afraid
“Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy for all. For today in the city of David a savior has been born for you who is Messiah and Lord. And this will be the sign— you will find an infant, wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.”
And suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying:
“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to those of good will.”
Luke 2:10-14
"Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God. I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."
Let us pray for those whose hearts have grown cold, and become hardened against His grace by greed, fear, and the seductive illusions of pride.
We ask to receive the three great gifts of our Lord's suffering and triumph: repentance, forgiveness, and thankfulness—so that we may obtain abundant life, and the peace that surpasses all understanding.
It is available for your use at no cost, but with attribution and a link to the original posting.
I make every attempt to respect the rights of others. If you feel that something here has infringed your work please let me know and I will correct it immediately. It is not always easy to determine the status of material posted to the Internet with regard to fair use and public domain.