17 July 2020

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Lazy Summer Afternoon


“What do I fear? Myself? There’s none else by.
Richard loves Richard; that is, I and I.
Is there a murderer here? No. Yes, I am.
Then fly! What, from myself? Great reason why:
Lest I revenge. What, myself upon myself?
Alack, I love myself. Wherefore? For any good
That I myself have done unto myself?
O, no! Alas, I rather hate myself
For hateful deeds committed by myself.
I am a villain. Yet I lie. I am not.
Fool, of thyself speak well. Fool, do not flatter:
My conscience hath a thousand several tongues,
And every tongue brings in a several tale,
And every tale condemns me for a villain.
Perjury, perjury, in the highest degree;
Murder, stern murder, in the direst degree;
All several sins, all used in each degree,
Throng to the bar, crying all, “Guilty! guilty!”
I shall despair. There is no creature loves me,
And if I die no soul will pity me.
And wherefore should they, since that I myself
Find in myself no pity to myself?”

William Shakespeare, Richard III


“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.”

Mother Teresa


"The dawn will come. Disappointment, sorrow, and despair are born at midnight, but morning follows...
Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.”

Martin Luther King, A Knock at Midnight

In the end, the only real tragedy is not to have been a saint.

Stocks managed to drift a bit higher on a very light volume, typical of a lazy mid-Summer day.

Gold and silver took their dip lower, for the sake of the option expiration boogie woogie, but then recovered all of it and put in a solid close on the day.

Uncle Buck dropped the 96 handle and closed lower on the day.

When we see the nuttiness around us, and the awful behaviour of others, we might well ask what can be done?

The answer is to start by changing ourselves. There is much there to be done.

And we bear the consequences for that.  And not for distraction of judging the sins of others.

Need little, want less, love more. For those who abide in love abide in God, and God in them.

Have a pleasant weekend.