26 November 2020

Thanksgiving Day

 

"In the Incarnation the whole human race recovers the dignity of the image of God.  Thereafter, any attack, even on the least of men, is an attack on Christ, who took on the form of man, and in his own Person restored the image of God in all.   Through our relationship with the Incarnation, we recover our true humanity, and at the same time are delivered from that perverse individualism which is the consequence of sin, and recover our solidarity with all mankind." 

Dietrich Bonhoeffer 

 

"For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me no thing to drink, a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you gave me no clothing, sick and held in detention, and you did not care for me."
 
Matthew 25 


'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?

Acts 9:4

 

Remember to feed the least of His creatures, the birds and animals.  And bring comfort and fellowship to the hearts of those you meet, with a kind word and a smile.   Each of us has our own burdens and troubles to carry.  And it is our duty and joy to lessen the troubles of others, out of gratitude for His love of the unworthy, of us.
 
I remember all of you in my thoughts and prayers, as always, my brothers and sisters in the Lord.   And I give thanks for you and your goodness.  Let us commend ourselves to His merciful forgiveness, and trust our futures to His loving kindness and tender mercy.  Let us permit ourselves to be fashioned to His will, not for His sake, but for ours.

Be kind to those who are around your table today, even those who may be 'difficult.'   
 
And pray for His mercy and enlightenment, if that difficult one is you.
 
Do not wait for God to show you the horrors of your sinfulness and pride.

Need little - Want less - Love more.   For those who abide in love abide in God, and God in them.


"Love does not make you weak, because it is the source of all strength— but it makes you see the nothingness of the illusory strength on which you depended before you knew it.

The only real tragedy, in the end, is not to be with the saints."

Léon Bloy