29 December 2020

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - On the Road to Damascus

 

"Hear this, you foolish and heartless people,  who have eyes that do not see and ears that do not hear."

Jeremiah 5:21

 

"They have treated the suffering of my people carelessly, saying, ‘all is well’ when there is no safety.  They act shamefully, they commit terrible offenses; and yet they are not ashamed, and do not even know how to blush.  They shall be found among those who are fallen." 

Jeremiah 6:14-15

 

“We run heedlessly into the abyss after putting something in front of us to stop us from seeing it.” 

Blaise Pascal, Pensées

 

"The selfishness of an age that has devoted itself to the mere cult of pleasure has tainted the whole human race with an error that makes all our acts more or less lies against God.   It is better to find God on the threshold of despair than to risk our lives in a complacency that has never felt the need of forgiveness."

Thomas Merton

 

"I was being called to surrender the very citadel of my self. I was completely in the dark.  I did not really know what repentance was or what I was required to repent of.  It was indeed the turning point of my life.  God had brought me to my knees and made me acknowledge my own nothingness, and out of that knowledge I had been reborn.  I was no longer the centre of my life, and therefore I could see God in everything." 

Bede Griffiths 

 

 The Dollar managed to hang on to the 90 handle today.

Gold gained slightly, while silver gave up a little of its recent gains.

Stocks were weak in the broader markets, but showed some buying in the 'story stocks' especially big cap techs.

Volumes and market activity remain very low due to seasonal factors.

You will be happier if you stop looking to see every little thing that people do that bothers you.  

And it will give you more time to look at yourself.

That's really the point of the distraction and obsession with finding faults in others— to prevent us from looking at ourselves, and into our own hardened and foolish and deluded hearts.

Have a pleasant evening.