14 May 2021

Big Chart - SP 500 In the Babson Style

 

Here is a shot of the SP 500 chart in its original size.

You can more easily see the bounce off the 50% fibonacci retracement.

I have mixed feelings about that 'gap' on the chart.   

The futures are a more volatile animal than the cash market.

These are the charts as I use them each day   I also have the ability to 'zoom in' on even the smallest sections.

I take no money for this.    I don't need it and enjoy independence.  

It is just sharing of ideas.

I am just showing the charts as I use them for my own investment/trading, with some additional comments.

I have been using this 'Babson' charting method since 2002. 

It's funny but I had forgotten that early on in this blog I used to title the posts 'Charts in the Babson style.' 

He did not provide a written description of his method. 

I made it my own, with a foundation of classic charting techniques, from some general comments about the principles he followed. 

He did provide a list of trading commandments that are worth considering.

But I cannot stress enough, that it is not the charts that make the trade, but the trader.

So be careful what kinds of nonsense you put in your trading mind.

See you after the close.