14 July 2021

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Places in the Heart

 

"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.  I do not see the road ahead of me.  I cannot know for certain where it will end.  Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following Your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe that the desire to please You does in fact please You. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that, if I do this, You will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. 

Therefore I will trust You always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will never leave me to face my perils alone. Amen."

Thomas Merton, Thoughts in Solitude 

 

"'I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers.  Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 

Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ No, father Abraham,’ the rich man said, ‘but if someone from the dead appears to them, they will repent.’ 

And Abraham said, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not change and repent, even if someone were to rise from the dead.’” 

Luke 16:27-31

 

“Man has places in his heart which do not yet exist— and into them enters suffering, in order that they may have life.” 

Léon Bloy

 

So it was then, and so it is now. 

Stocks were mixed today, with the tech heavy NDX once again stretching up towards 15,000 and then falling back. 

Gold and silver rallied, and managed to hold their gains.

The Dollar dropped, giving back most of its recent gains.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

There will be a stock option expiration on Friday.  

Comex option expirations next week, most notably for silver.

Google seems to be tinkering with their blogger platform which I use.

I have now lost ability to update the MATIÈRES À RÉFLEXION.

And you may have noticed the lack of a photo montage in the header for this blog lately.

As people complain these missteps seem to get sorted.   It is downstream from HTML code I use to create the blog itself, or upstream depending on one's perspective, so there is not much that I can do.     

It is a bit annoying, but the price for the service is still right.  lol

Have a pleasant evening.