22 October 2021

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - This Attractive But Deceptive World

 

"Use the inconspicuous events and situations of everyday life as material for sanctification. Do it in obscurity."

Dorothy Day

 

“I believe that the desire to please you Lord does in fact please you.  And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.  I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.  And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it.  Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.  I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.” 

Thomas Merton

 

"Then the rich man said, ‘Please, Father Abraham, at least send Lazarus to my father’s home. For I have five brothers, and I want him to warn them so they don’t end up in this place of torment.’ But Abraham said, ‘Moses and the prophets have warned them. Your brothers can read what they wrote.’ 

The rich man replied, ‘No, Father Abraham! But if someone is sent to them from the dead, then they will repent of their sins and turn to God.’ But Abraham said, ‘If they won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded, even if someone rises from the dead.’” 

Luke 16:19-31

 

Stocks, meaning the SP 500 mostly, took another run at a new high today, and fell short again.

The Techs are floundering a bit as the enthusiasm for the speculative bubble wanes.

Gold and silver were up sharply, but manage to get sold down a bit into the close.  No breakout yet.

Gold continues to be drained out of Hong Kong.

The Dollar edged lower.

Have a pleasant weekend.