03 February 2022

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Meta-Shock, Bezos Bounce - Non-Farm Payrolls Tomorrow

 

"Beneath some burning, unknown gaze
I feel my very wings unpinned,
And give my name to the abyss
Which waits to claim me as its own.” 

Charles Baudelaire, Lament of Icarus 

 

“How you are fallen from heaven, Lucifer, son of the morning!  How you have been cut down to the ground, You who laid low the nations!  For you said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God.  I will sit on the mount of the most holy on the farthest sides of the north.   I will ascend above the heights of the clouds.   I will be as God.’ 

Isaiah 14:12-14

 

"It is a comfort to the wretched to have companions in misery.” 

Christopher Marlowe, Dr. Faustus

 

"When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank.   You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families.  That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin!  Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin!  You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, (bringing his fist down on the table) I will rout you out." 

Andrew Jackson


The Facebook Meta-miss in its numbers last night took the markets down hard.

And then they went down even harder during the day, reaching some fairly impressive lows.

But huzzah, after the bell Amazon posted a big sales beat, and the futures roared off their lows, taking back a good chunk of the days losses, but still finishing deeply in the red.

These guys could not get more brazen than if they just went out and started sticking people up on the streets in Manhattan.

Gold and silver got hammered intraday, in the kind of shenanigans I was expecting ahead of the Payrolls report.

That's exactly what it was--  shenanigans.

I am not sure what to expect tomorrow, but the tail risks seem fat, and the officials and referees are looking the other way.

There is always some cheating, scamming, and insider information trading in the markets.

But now it is becoming almost routine and expected. 

You know, you do have the option not to give them your money, at least so readily, and lay back in cash and pick your shots more carefully and less frequently.

The dollar continued to decline.

Non-Farm Payrolls tomorrow.

Have a pleasant evening.