23 August 2024

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Dry Bones

 

"The hand of the Lord came upon me.  His Spirit took me up and set me in the center of a valley that was full of bones.  He led me through the valley, and I saw there were many bones that were very dry.  The Lord said, 'Son of man, can these bones live again?'  I answered, 'O Lord, only You know.'  He answered, 'Speak in My name over these bones.  Say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the Word of the Lord.’'  The Lord God says to these bones: ‘I will breath on you, and you will come back to life.  I will join you together, make flesh grow back, cover you with skin, and put breath in you to make you come to life.  Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

Ezekiel 37:1-6

"When the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together and, to test him, a scholar of the law asked this question, 'Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?' Jesus said, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Everything in the Law and the Prophets depends on these two commandments.'”

Matthew 22:34-40

"The rich man replied, ‘No, Father Abraham.  But if someone comes back to them from the dead, then they will repent of their sins and turn to God.’  But Abraham said, ‘If they won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded, even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Luke 16:31

"And Jesus said, 'Did I not say that if you have faith you will see the glory of God?' And so they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised his eyes and said, 'Father, I thank you for hearing me. I know that you always hear me, but I say this for the sake of the people, so that they may believe that it was you who sent me.' When he had said this, he cried out in a loud voice, 'Lazarus, come forth.'"

John 11:40=43

 

Jay Powell delivered a dovish nod in his speech from Jackson Hole this morning, as one might have expected.

Stocks rallied.

Gold and silver rallied.

VIX fell.

The Dollar fell 82 cents back down to the 100 level.

Now Wall Street can occupy itself with trying to unwrap either a 25 or 50 basis point rate cut for the September meeting.

Fifty is not out of the question because I don't think the Fed will want to spread a cut closer to the November Presidential election.

Forgotten for now is the boiling geopolitical tension in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. 

What will the Lord do, to breathe life back into the dry bones of these hardened hearts.

Have a pleasant weekend.