04 June 2016

Martin Luther King: The Day That You Choose


"For when he was grown he denied the extravagant riches of a worldly kingdom, choosing instead to be afflicted among the people of God, rather than the pleasures of a sinful life but for a season."

Hebrews 11:24-25


"Take a stand for that which is right, and the world may misunderstand you and criticize you, but you never go alone, for somewhere I read that 'One with God is a majority,' and God has a way of transforming a minority into a majority. Walk with him this morning and believe in him and do what is right and he'll be with you even until the consummation of the ages.

Yes, I've seen the lightning flash, I've heard the thunder roll, I've felt sin's breakers dashing trying to conquer my soul but I heard the voice of Jesus saying still to fight on, he promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone; no, never alone, no, never alone. He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone. Wherever you are going this morning, my friends, show the world that you're going with truth. You are going with justice, you are going with goodness, and you will have an eternal companionship.

And the world will look at you and they won't understand you, for your fiery furnace will be around you, but you'll go on anyhow. But if not, I will not bow, and God grant that we will never bow before the gods of evil."

Martin Luther King, But If Not


"For what does it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul?"

Mark 8:36



Martin Luther King Jr. Exerpt From "But If Not" from Flatirons Community Church on Vimeo.