22 December 2020

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Not a Creature Was Stirring

 

“You are fettered,” said Scrooge, trembling. “Tell me why?” 

“I wear the chain I forged in life,” replied the Ghost.  “I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it. Is its pattern strange to you?” 

Scrooge trembled more and more. 

“Or would you know,” pursued the Ghost, “the weight and length of the strong coil you bear yourself?   It was full as heavy and as long as this, seven Christmas Eves ago.  You have laboured on it, since.  It is a ponderous chain!..."

“But you were always a good man of business, Jacob,' faltered Scrooge, who now began to apply this to himself.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!” 

Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol 

 

The US Dollar rallied today, purportedly on statements that Fed Chair to be Yellen would like to see a stronger dollar. 

LOL 

Actions speak louder than words. 

This is a holiday shortened week, and shenanigans will be abounding until the end of the year. 

Gold and silver retreated a bit. 

Silver always shows more energy than gold when they are moving. 

Stocks were mixed at best. 

Have a pleasant evening.