23 December 2020

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - Approaching Christmas Eve - Stocks and Dollar Wobble, Metals Higher

 

"Show me your ways, O Lord, and teach me your paths.  Lead me in your truth, and teach me: for you are the God of my salvation; and I wait for you all the day.  Remember, O Lord, your tender mercies and loving kindness, as they have ever been of old."

Psalm 25:4-6 

 

"Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I will say, rejoice; show patience and consideration to all, for the Lord is always near.  Let nothing make you anxious; but with prayer, and by supplication, and with thanksgiving, let your needs be made known unto God; and the peace of the Lord, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds, in Christ Jesus." 

Philippians 4:4-7 

 

"And the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born to you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.  This will be a sign for you: you will find a babe wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 

And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.' 

When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, 'Let us go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.'  So they left in haste, and found Mary and Joseph and the baby, who was lying in a manger.  

After they had seen the Child, they spread the message that they had received about Him. and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 

And Mary treasured up all these things, and pondered them in her heart." 

Luke 2:10-19 

 

Stocks were off today with tech and the story stocks leading the way lower on profit taking it appears, with just a touch of the risk wobbles.

The Dollar edged lower once again.

And conversely, gold and silver were up a bit.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and the trading will mostly likely be light, barring any exogenous shocks. 

They will try to take it where they want it, and then the markets will close mid-day.

“God has created me to do Him some definite service.  He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another.  I have my mission.  I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next.  I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.   He has not created me for naught.  I shall do good; I shall do His work.  I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place, while not intending it if I do but keep His commandments. 

Therefore, I will trust Him, whatever I am, I can never be thrown away.  If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him, in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him.  If I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. He does nothing in vain.  He knows what He is about.  He may take away my friends.  He may throw me among strangers.  He may make me feel desolate, make my spirits sink, hide my future from me.  Still, He knows what He is about.”

John Henry Newman

 In the end, the only real tragedy is to serve yourself or the world, and not to keep struggling on, like those shepherds, to at long last be among His saints.

Come, let us adore and serve Him, with the little things done with love.

Have a pleasant evening.