19 May 2022

Stocks and Precious Metals Charts - The Loneliness of Sin

 

"As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you.  Remain in my love.  If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, even as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you so that my joy may remain in you, and so that you may be joyful.

This is my commandment: that you love one another, as I have loved you.  Greater love than this has no man, than to offer his life for his friends."

John 15:9-11


“Of all the countries I have been to, the poorest one I have been to is America.  America suffers most from the poverty of loneliness.  Every single man, woman, child is the child of God, created in the image of God.  Spread love everywhere you go.  Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.  Not all of us can do great things.  But we all can do small things with great love.  I believe God loves the world through us— through you and me.”

Teresa of Calcutta


"Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people.   Lacking any other purpose in life, it would be good enough to live for their sake."

Garrison Keillor, The Prairie Home Companion


"In the Incarnation the whole human race recovers the dignity of the image of God.   Thereafter, any attack, even on the least of men, is an attack on Christ, who took on the form of man, and in his own Person restored the image of God in all.

Through our relationship with the Incarnation, we recover our true humanity, and at the same time are delivered from that perverse individualism which is the consequence of sin, and recover our solidarity with all mankind."

Dietrich Bonhoeffer


Stocks attempted a rally, once again, but faltered in the afternoon

Gold and silver staged rallies, and managed to hold on to them.

The Dollar fell back to the 102 handle.

The VIX declined.

There will be a stock option expiration tomorrow.

Next Wednesday the 25th there will be a precious metals option expiration on the Comex.

Risks remain elevated, and despite some occasional soirees into special situations, one remains relatively secure on 'the higher ground.'

Do you wish to have a good shepherd?

You are called to be one.

You are being called to serve Him— in the afflicted, in the weak, in the unwanted, in all the little ones, His sheep. 

And in being one, you will find one, and with it repentance, forgiveness, and thankfulness.

Have a pleasant evening.