07 January 2023

Rest on the Flight to Egypt - or Martha's Vineyard

 

"They have become twisted in their reasoning, and their foolish hearts are darkened."

Romans 1:21

"Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.  For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.’"

Matthew 25:41-43

“But now, we are witnessing a transformation: a true opium of the people is the belief in nothingness after death, the huge solace, the huge comfort of thinking that for our betrayals, our greed, our cowardice, our murders, we are not going to be judged.”

Czeslaw Milosz

"But Abraham said, ‘If they won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded, even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Luke 16:31

These are the words of our Lord.  

Our hardened hearts turn away from Him, into the darkness.